* Foot and automobile traffic patterns are changing at popular Oahu North Shore site – Laniakea Beach. This stop attracts many visitors hoping to see a honu, which are Hawaiian green sea turtles. We’re glad to see short-term and longer-term solutions being implemented at this traffic bottleneck. If you plan to stop here, for your safety and for the benefit of the drivers passing through, please use the designated crosswalks. For more information about this change, see this link to a KHON segment.
* The official Hawaii travel information site has added the new international travel aspects on a frequently asked questions page. There are example scenarios provided which are helpful to understand the processes and rules.
* Oahu has changed some of their COVID rules for events including concerts, shows and sporting events. Per Hawaii News Now, “At both indoor and outdoor seated events, all attendees will have to be fully vaccinated. They will also be required to wear masks, and there will be no food or beverages served.” Additionally “interactive” events, such as weddings and funerals, are allow to run at 50% capacity or have 150 people in attendance. Again, everyone must be vaccinated and wear a mask.
* One of our favorite treats in Hawaii, Coco Puffs, are going to become more accessible for folks vacationing in Waikiki Beach. Liliha Bakery is adding a Waikiki location on the third floor of the International Market Place. It’s due to open sometime this month.
* Hawaiian Airlines has a sale on flights to Hawaii for travel beginning January 10, 2022. The sale starts at $99 one-way, which equates to $198 roundtrip. Check this link for more information about this sale.
* Mahalo again for all the very kind words on our 15th anniversary post. The randomly selected winner of the calendar is Kathleen.