– Travelzoo has a deal on one or two-hour Waikiki catamaran cruises starting at $52 per adult. See this link for more details.
– Travel + Leisure announced their readers’ choices in the best of travel for 2022. Here’s their list of the top 20 Hawaii resorts. Did your favorite resort make the list?
– Hawaii Wow Tours company is offering a new experience in Waikiki — gondola tours.
– Iao State Valley Park in Maui is due to close August 1, 2022 through January 15, 2023 for slope stabilization and parking lot improvements.
– Costco Travel has a vacation rental car and room deal for Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu’s North Shore. Turtle Bay is one of our favorite Oahu resorts. The deal includes $100 resort credit and the $49 mandatory resort fee waived. See this link for more details.
– Hawaii is experiencing an unusually large south shore swell that’s the biggest in more than 25 years. As a result of this massive south swell, many beach parks have been closed. As a reminder, it’s always important to check with lifeguards and/or check Hawaii Beach Safety and heed all warnings. Here are some news items related to this swell:
- Waves crash a wedding party on the Hawaii (big) Island.
- Portions of a Poipu, Kauai road was heavily damaged by the swell.
- Parts of Kihei Road on Maui were flooded with sand and water.
- The Department of Land and Natural Resources reported that waves off Diamond Head topped 25 feet in height.
- Finally, for one of the most incredible scenes from this swell, check out this shocking footage of waves crashing over two-story townhomes in Keauhou on Hawaii (big) Island.
The post Hawaii travel news: July 18, 2022 appeared first on Go Visit Hawaii.