– There’s great news out of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park that Thurston Lava Tube is open! The trail and tube had been closed for nearly two years after the major volcano activity of 2018. Walking through the forest and Thurston Lava Tube is one of the most unique experiences in Hawaii.
– Last month, we shared that the designated observation point for Holei Sea Arch in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park closed due to instability at the cliff. We’re pleased to share a report that the arch is still standing and it is still viewable.
– Aqua-Aston has a giveaway and a savings promotion:
- You can enter to win the Aqua-Aston Aloha Million Miles Sweepstakes with their #ALOHASweepstakes. The grand prize is 250,000 HawaiianMiles, which is enough for two or more roundtrip tickets. There are four ways to enter as described in on this page.
- The savings promotion is 15% off online bookings plus a free room upgrade and a welcome gift.
– Hilton Waikoloa Village on Hawaii’s Big Island is offering a deal for fifth night free plus free luau for two. You must book by February 26 at 5pm Hawaii Time. Learn more about this deal at this link. Also, check out our review of Hilton Waikoloa Village.
– We had a few questions about the location of the most recent Aloha Friday Photo with the beautiful sunset shots. We suspected it was taken at Hilton Waikoloa Village and the photographer confirmed it on this Facebook posting.