* After a brief pause due to funding issues, the free Waikiki Beach hula show at Kuhio Beach Park is back in action. The days of the performance has changed from Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays to Tuesdays and Saturdays.
* There are a couple of new and exciting dining concepts in Waikiki:
- A new Asian food hall has opened – Stix Asia with 17 restaurants and eateries. It’s located in the Waikiki Shopping Plaza on Kalakaua Avenue.
- Waikiki Market and Piko Kitchen + Bar has opened. It’s a combination restaurant, grab-and-go, bake shop and grocery store. It’s located near the intersection of Kuhio Avenue and Kanekapolei Street.
* Many Hawaii Marriott vacation packages are on sale with Costco Travel. Note that Marriott properties now include Sheratons, Westins, and more.
* Guided and unguided-bike tours from Haleakala on Maui are being regulated with a new law, Ordinance 5439. For starters, bike tour clients must be at least 15 years old. Also, cycling is limited to just seven miles on Haleakala Highway. For more on this topic, see this Hawaii News Now segment and this article.
The post Hawaii vacation news: February 7, 2023 appeared first on Go Visit Hawaii.